miércoles, 15 de junio de 2016

My study programme

Hello everybody, today I'm going to talk about what I'm studying. Well, I'm studying Social Anthropology, I'm on fourth grade, and even when I've been through several doubts about my vocation, today I can say I actually like Anthropology. 
Yes, I like what I'm studying, but my study program has several problems, and University must solve it quickly to make it better.

On first place, if I could change something, I would like to change some subjects of the curriculum. My study program consists of two years of a common plan, and two years of specialization, and we can choose between Archeology, Biological Anthropology or Social Anthropology. The common plan has never been working on a good way, actually the contents of the subjects are very superficial, and some subjects doesn't eve has relation with the career. Subjects like statistics are important, but today they're not focused on social sciences, and at the end they're not useful for my discipline. Also, the common plan is very focused on the social anthropology approach leavings aside other approaches, like biological anthropology. Another problem is the poor formation on methodology, and the few field trips in this period. I think this is bad because we don’t have an early approach to our discipline, and something that defines us is the ethnography, or field work, and for that, we need field trips.

Now, in the specialization period, we have a lot of problem, because the teachers are very irresponsible and messy. For example, the tests and the homework don’t sort, the marks are out time, and the subjects change every year or even, every semester. We spend much time doing our thesis because we start to learn in this process, etc.


Actually, we are on an process called “Innovación Curricular” and this reform going to change our formation structure.  For example, the implementation of a competence curriculum, focused on soft skills. Another thing, is the implementation of a system of transferable credits, and the possibility of continuing education. In concrete, now we are creating new subjects and a new curriculum. But in don’t have hope on this process.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario